Monday, March 28, 2016

My Favorite...Makeup

In my cosmetic bag I have lots of choices regarding makeup, some of which are some of my absolute favorites....(cue Sound of Music song). However, there are a few select favorites that I will always repurchase and cry if they are ever taken off the shelves.

Starting with the basics....

Primer:
"That Gal" Brightening Face Primer by Benefit

I bought this product specifically  to use for makeup applications at work, and man did I fall in love. This product is not only a primer but honestly can be worn alone on a lazy-er day. Sometimes it brightens my face up just enough I feel like I don't need half the foundation! Another plus-have a foundation that's a tad to dark? Add some of this primer to the foundation before applying on your face!

Foundation:
"Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless"

I've used a lot of liquid foundations, and this is one of my favorites. With other foundations by the end of the day my foundation was either all the way gone or it just became oily. With this product since it's Matte it really holds all day. It also blends very well and I've found it to match my skin-tone really easily. I use 112-Natural Ivory, to really seal it in I follow with its powder partner.
Powder:
"Maybelline Fit Me! Powder"

I always used a loose powder for foundation, but I found it really ends up getting everywhere and makes me look too caked. With this pressed powder it's easier to apply and doesn't make me look like a Barbie with a lot of powder. It's also super light, which is perfect for summer! Again, for this one I use 110-Porcelain.

 Bronzer:
"Rimmel London, Natural Bronzer"

I love this one. I've used it for many years now and it has yet to let me down. Starters, it's waterproof meaning my contour will stay all day. Hallelujah. It's a very light texture, however if you want to get stronger with the effect you have the ability to. Blending with this is pretty easy and doesn't take too long like other bronzers.

Blush:
"NYX Blush"
I've gotten a couple colors of NYX blush, and Rose Garden is my favorite. It's the nicest touch of pink and red blended together. You also have control over how powerful you want your blush effect to be-from a light dusting to a glam red. It doesn't get that oily\cakey feeling throughout the day either!


Eyes:

Primer:
"NYX Eye Shadow Base"

All together I really love this product, my eye shadow stays all day, the colors are more vibrant and it blends better. The one downside is, I have to wash my eye shadow brush more. Mainly the first initial brush I use for my lid color. The brush picks up excess from the primer so your brush gets dirtier faster. Honestly, I've bought this products multiple times because the pros out way the cons.

Eye-Shadow:
"NYX Eye Shadow Palette"

Out of the four palettes they have I have used the Natural and Adorable and I'm in love. The colors blend really well and you can always mix them up to create a different look daily! Plus-I love being able to go from a daytime look to an evening look so easily. These are also super affordable and run around $9!

Eyeliner:
"Elf Waterproof Eyeliner Pen"
Elf may be super cheap, but their eyeliner works magic. I love having the pen. It glides so perfectly across my eyelid, making it easier to have control. I was afraid it wasn't going to last long, but it has held up for almost 3 months now and still going strong.

Mascara:
"Benefit Roller Lash"
I have fallen head over heels with this mascara. Goodbye eyelash curler, hello mascara. That's right, I don't use that painful thing anymore, the mascara does it for me. I get asked a lot, "Are those yours?!", why yes they are! Yes, it is $28 but I've had mine for the amount of its shelf life (6 months), and I would go through a CoverGirl Mascara in a month. Pretty much spending the same at the end of 6 months. Trust me the lashes you'll get out of this, will make it all so worth the $28.

No comments:

Post a Comment